- Talk with your doctor immediately about your concerns! If you have concerns or would like additional information, we will provide you with resources in your community.
- Confide in someone you trust.
- Take breaks from the baby by asking for help from family and friends or a postpartum doula.
- Eat healthy and try to exercise – even a short walk each day can help!
- Cut down on extra activities, commitments, and household tasks.
- Avoid rigid or overwhelming schedules and routines.
- Don’t give up outside interests.
- Give yourself permission to have negative thoughts and feelings.
- Screen phone calls.
Remember that it takes courage to ask for help. The faster you get help, the sooner and more effectively you will be on your road to recovery.
If you are suffering, please contact our confidential phone line. We will listen to your message and return your call within 24 hours.
913-677-1300 or 1-866-363-1300, in Kansas and Missouri